- The privacy of our members is important to us and we are committed to protecting it. Personal data is only collected when you create the Member Account. The minimal data required for new members includes: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email Address. This provides you with access to our online forum and other resources.
- By providing this information, you agree to receive our newsletter which will include organizational updates, stories and other interests to help improve our services. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- We do not share any information with third parties without your consent. Any personal or sensitive data (including text, medical information, photographs, etc) that you post is shared at your own discretion. Sharing of another member’s personal information or data outside of the forum will lead to immediate suspension from the team.
- Athletes Fighting Cancer has established adequate data breach procedures. All instances of suspected breaches shall be investigated and action taken as appropriate. Members will be made aware immediately of any suspected or confirmed breach
- The team with Athletes Fighting Cancer have established the following rules and responsibilities to maintain a safe and respectful community for everyone:
- I agree to conduct myself in a respectful and professional manner. Any comments, photographs, videos or references shared in the forum are intended to support my teammates.
- I will not share graphic images including visible internal organs, genitalia or pornographic images
- I will refrain from using explicit language that may be offensive or triggering to other members
- I will not use the forum for any form of solicitation including promotions, outside fundraising, advertisements or irrelevant links
- I understand that if my posts are determined to be inappropriate or harmful to other members, I may be suspended from the team and future events sponsored by Athletes Fighting Cancer.
- I acknowledge that this is not a substitute for my medical care. While sharing tips and discussing treatment options is permitted – any information obtained through this forum will not be used solely for my medical decision making and Athletes Fighting Cancer will not be liable for my health.